But how do I Revise?
This page will give you some tips for Exam Success
- First off - forget any social life for the next six months.
- Also trash TV, NetFlix don't start a new boxset...
- They are your exams - not your mum's - she already took hers
- You don't have time for a pity party.
- Finish any outstanding coursework NOW.
- Get teacher feedback to improve coursework.
- Good coursework grades in the bag take the pressure off slightly - but not if you skip revision to catch up and hand them in late.
- Go online to your exam board site (AQA or EdExcel or OCR) and print off exam papers AND model answers to analyse the content. Be selective.
- English and Maths are MUST DOs.
- Also any subject you need at A level.
- DO your homework properly this term.
- Go to a LRC to work and revise.
- And don't even THINK of writing text speak in your exam answers.
- Use a Black Pen
Study Support Tips
- Seek the environment for revision
- A quiet comfortable room
- Access to books and materials
- Away from the TV and other distractions
- Keep an eye on your social calendar
- Working can be a distraction and it takes up time
- A balanced diet – the burger and chips problem
- Try to exercise “All work and no play“
Some Ways of Revsing
- Card index/Flash Cards/Notes of notes
- Look, cover, write or draw, check
- Spider diagrams
- Test a friend/yourself
- Presentation to others
- Attend ESP and Improvement Activities
Important but Trival!!! When Revising...........
- Take frequent breaks
- Drink WATER
- Reward yourself!
- Keep track of all your revision ‘bits’ – it will make you feel that you are making progress!!! Why not create a Blog?