Thursday, March 29, 2018
Friday, March 16, 2018
Beginning next Thursday, up until you leave, we are holding an AM drop-in session for Year 11 students who want a space to complete some English homework/revision prior to starting the day. There will be some breakfast items there as some encouragement! This will be facilitated by English staff.
The sessions are Thursday AM from 7.45-8.30 in 915.
Wednesday, March 07, 2018
It is always helpful to have a few more ideas on how to approach revision, here are our 5 most popular blogs on different techniques that can help students get the most out of their time:
- How to Actually Use Retrieval Practice - Not all revision techniques are equal. Some are very effective while others make little impact. One of the most effective revision methods is retrieval practice, also known as the testing effect.
- Sleep - A Powerful Revision Technique - Despite spending on average over 20 years of our life doing it, the benefits of sleep are often not spoken about clearly and explicitly to students.
- 5 Ways to Maximise Revision Time - There is no doubt that for many, last minute cramming and after school revision sessions will be the strategy of choice. But is there a better way?
- 15 Ways to Maximise Memory - “Memory is the diary we all carry about with us” so said Oscar Wilde. But are some people’s diaries more accurate than others? What happens if you can’t naturally remember lots of things?
- 10 Ways to Revise Better - We've looked through the research to find how students can improve their memory, mood and concentration. Here are 10 simple tips that are the best ways to revise.
Wednesday, January 31, 2018
Monday, January 15, 2018
Closing dates for Yr 11 College applications: •St Anne’s Sixth Form – Fri 26 Jan •Barton Peveril – Fri 16 Feb •Eastleigh College – Wed 28 Feb •Fareham College/Cemast – Wed 28 Feb
Tuesday, January 09, 2018
- Read through and highlight the exam questions
- The banner needs to be the full width but not height of the page and include the logo and another image and saved as a PNG and make sure it is less than 250kb
- Include a footer if required also
- Make sure all images are correct for the scenario if the web page is on ice cream don't put pictures of tress into it!
- If any images have writing please ensure that the writing is easily readable not too small
- Link the pages as instructed with the exam paper
- Link to email need to be mail to
- Link to external websites need http://
- Add rollover images image same size on both sides
- Add hot spots if required
- Convert all film to mp4 or m4v format
- Use text box and Hex colour to follow brief and instructions
- Web Page must fit on screen no sideways scrolling!
- Don't just copy text add titles, sub titles, bold, italics, white space use colour palettes, change text size
- Use a white or a cream background which is easy to read black text on
- Edit the images that you use don't just insert what you are given crop or make a montage
- Edit and add to the text you are given and lay it out including presentational features such as headings and sub headings, bullets, emboldened text, coloured backgrounds and varied the font, font size and colour
- Don't use the standard fonts but something different but that is easy to read
- Whatever layout you use do the same to all pages
- Suggest possible improvements to your website and explain how these would enhance the outcome
- Don't just describe what you have done in your evaulation but why
- Include reference to the audience and purpose of the site why you made the decisions you did
- Make sure you complete the Alt text when inserting images
- Take Print screens of what you have done to help accessibility to your website and put them into your evaluation